Items from Lt. Col. David Michael Booth, Class of 1964, on display at the Muster Reflections Display in the Memorial Student Center on Wednesday, April 17, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Muster Reflections Display held ahead of ceremony
Hilani Quinones, Assistant News Editor • April 18, 2024

Until April 21, visitors can view personal memorabilia from fallen Aggies who will be honored at the 2024 Muster Ceremony. The Aggie Muster...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Shanielle Veazie, Sports Writer • April 17, 2024

Early pitching woes gave Texas A&M softball all the momentum needed to defeat the University of North Texas, 11-1, in a matchup on Wednesday,...

The Highway 6 Band performs while listeners slow dance at The Corner Bar and Rooftop Grill on Sunday, March 24, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
'Life is a Highway' (6 Band)
Amy Leigh Steward, Assistant Life & Arts Editor • April 17, 2024

It starts with a guitar riff. Justin Faldyn plays lead, pulling rock and blues out of the strings.  After a beat, comes the beat of the drums,...

Think your music taste somehow makes you different? Opinion writer Isabella Garcia says being unique is an illusion. (Photo by Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
Opinion: The myth of uniqueness
Isabella Garcia, Opinion Writer • April 16, 2024

You’re basic. It’s thought that the term “basic bitch” originated from a 2009 video of Lil Duval standing on a toilet in front of...

FACT gathers student opinion

The First Time Aggie Contact Team (FACT) will speak to approximately 8,500 undergraduate and transfer students about their opinions of student life, campus events and curriculum during the next two weeks.
According to Vanessa Diaz Clark, assistant director of the Department of Student Life, FACT members start calling students during the fifth week of both the fall and spring semesters after the first exams have taken place and students have grown accustomed to the University.
“Undergraduate and transfer students will be contacted by orientation leaders, student government and staff to make sure they have settled in to the community, and we allow students to express their concerns,” Clark said.
FACT was created in 1987 by Dr. John J. Koldus, vice president of student services, with the mission to support and welcome new undergraduate and transfer students to Texas A&M, officials said.
No recommendations or requirements are necessary to be a part of FACT or to volunteer for the program.
“Students, faculty and staff simply volunteer to welcome new students and assist them in any way,” Clark said.
FACT averages 574 calls to students per day.
“FACT is a fabulous program that not only welcomes students to A&M, but it gives students an understanding of how willing students, faculty, staff and the administration invest their time in learning about new students experiences,” said Susan Speliopoulos, graduate student in student affairs administration and higher education. “Once students recognize that no soliciting is involved, then they are open and grateful about getting help.”
FACT will be calling through Oct. 11, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Thursday. If interested in volunteering, students may contact Susan Speliopoulos at 845-5826.