A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Texas A&M outfielder Jace Laviolette (17) hits a home run during Texas A&M’s game against The United States Air Force Academy on Tuesday, April 16, 2024 at Olsen Field. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
No. 1 Aggies combine for 28 runs in doubleheader sweep of Crimson Tide
Luke White and Justin ChenApril 19, 2024

Game 1 If the Texas A&M baseball team can treat each inning like it’s been playing in the fifth frame during the past week, it shouldn’t...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

FDA: Fake birth control patch shipped from overseas Web site

WASHINGTON – An overseas Internet site is shipping counterfeit versions of a popular Johnson & Johnson birth control patch, versions that won’t provide any protection against pregnancy, federal health officials warned Wednesday.
Do not use Ortho Evra patches – or any other drugs – ordered from the Web site www.rxpharmacy.ws, the Food and Drug Administration warned.While the contraceptive patch is the only drug so far proved a fake from that site, the FDA said consumers should consider its other products suspect, too. Contact a health provider immediately if you’ve used them, the FDA advised.
That Web site is the only known source of the counterfeit patches, said the FDA, which is investigating the fraud’s source.
The site appeared to have shut down by Wednesday, but the FDA couldn’t say how long it had been operating or how many U.S. women might have ordered the patches. It has no reports of pregnancies linked to them.
The fake birth control was shipped from India, and the Web site apparently was operated by an entity called American Style Products of New Delhi.
The Web site claimed to be offering J&J’s FDA-approved patches, complete with pictures of the real thing, said FDA Associate Commissioner John Taylor.
A customer sparked the FDA’s investigation when she complained to J&J that she didn’t get what she ordered, Taylor said. Instead of the official patch, with its special sealed packaging and company label, she received a plastic bag full of patches with no label or other identifying information.Testing showed the patches contained no contraceptive ingredient.