From thebatt.com

Nic Taunton 2.0. This will be a sorry year for SGA.
I’m getting my ring today and without a doubt, Mark getting elected is a bigger deal. For those who have lost faith in SGA, just wait and see what he brings this next year. For those who think he’s like the SBPs of the past, I don’t know what you mean, but he will be better than all of them. There is a reason he has won with the biggest margin of victory in years – nearly taking the election without a runoff. Mark is the biggest servant I have ever seen. He loves Texas A&M more than anyone I have ever seen and he has been smart enough to meet with all the people he will need to work with in accomplishing his platform. This is a great day for this institution, and Mark deserves the front page, if for nothing else because thousands of students who know and love him voted for him, and we could not be more excited – the numbers alone should mean something.
With his witty campaign slogans and dancing golden blobs, it was clear from the very beginning Mark Gold was the most qualified candidate.
Look, Mark will do just as bad of a job as Nic did. That’s okay, though, the University is still running. Who really cares that we haven’t had a SBP who will stand up to the administration in the last five years? He is just a perpetuation of the normal crappy student government that we have.
I have no doubt that Mark will be exceptionally bad, just like all the rest of the candidates would have been. There are about five guys in SGA who actually fight for the students and all of them are graduating. Face it, SGA will be exceptionally bad next year. This is nothing different, though. We had a good year this year because a few exceptional Aggies were able to make up for Conner’s shortcomings.