Texas A&M pitcher Evan Aschenbeck (53) throws a pitch during Texas A&M’s game against Florida at the NCAA Men’s College World Series semifinal at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Sunday, June 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Aggies defeat Gators 6-0 to advance to first College World Series finals
Kolton Becker, Sports Writer • June 20, 2024

There’s always a first for everything.  For the first time in program history, Texas A&M baseball is headed to the Men’s College...

Golf team takes 3rd at Big 12

The No. 12 Texas A&M men’s golf team finished in third place at the Big 12 Championship Wednesday in Hutchinson, Kan.
For the second consecutive tournament, the Aggies watched Oklahoma State raise the trophy. Cowboys freshman Morgan Hoffman was one of two players in the field to score under par.
Senior Bronson Burgoon led A&M at two-over par, finishing in fourth place. Burgoon fell off at the end of his final round, recording a double bogey on the 17th hole to finish the round at even par.
“We came here to win and that didn’t happen so we are disappointed in the results,” A&M Coach J.T. Higgins said. “I’m very proud of how hard we played today. It was disappointing not to finish stronger because we played better than the final score shows.”
Junior Andrea Pavan finished the tournament in eighth place with a 12-over par score. Pavan started slow with an eight-over par first round, but recovered in the final three, hitting four-over par.
Senior Matt Van Zandt, sophomore John Hurley and freshman Geoff Shaw completed the Aggies’ scoring with a 16-over par, 19-over par and 27-over par tournament respectively.