Texas A&M infielder Rylen Wiggins (2) reacts during Texas A&M’s game against Texas at the Austin Super Regional at Red and Charline McCombs Field in Austin, Texas, on Sunday, May 26, 2024. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Aggies’ season ends with heartbreaking loss to Longhorns

Sharper play in the sixth innings of Texas A&M softball’s NCAA Super Regional series with No. 1 Texas may have been the difference between...

Golf team takes 3rd at Big 12

The No. 12 Texas A&M men’s golf team finished in third place at the Big 12 Championship Wednesday in Hutchinson, Kan.
For the second consecutive tournament, the Aggies watched Oklahoma State raise the trophy. Cowboys freshman Morgan Hoffman was one of two players in the field to score under par.
Senior Bronson Burgoon led A&M at two-over par, finishing in fourth place. Burgoon fell off at the end of his final round, recording a double bogey on the 17th hole to finish the round at even par.
“We came here to win and that didn’t happen so we are disappointed in the results,” A&M Coach J.T. Higgins said. “I’m very proud of how hard we played today. It was disappointing not to finish stronger because we played better than the final score shows.”
Junior Andrea Pavan finished the tournament in eighth place with a 12-over par score. Pavan started slow with an eight-over par first round, but recovered in the final three, hitting four-over par.
Senior Matt Van Zandt, sophomore John Hurley and freshman Geoff Shaw completed the Aggies’ scoring with a 16-over par, 19-over par and 27-over par tournament respectively.