Grounded in History

Kyle+Field
Kyle Field

Kyle Field
One of A&M’s most definitive landmarks is the football stadium, Kyle Field. Known as “The Home of the 12th Man,” Kyle Field is the largest stadium in the Southeastern Conference, fourth largest in both the NCAA and the nation, and the fifth largest non racing stadium in the world. Named after Edwin Kyle, Class of 1899, a rudimentary version of the field was constructed in 1904. Kyle financed the construction himself for a initial capacity of 500. The field first underwent renovation in 1929. Grandstands were added to increase capacity to 33,000. In 1941, a second deck was added, again increasing capacity to 42,500. In 1980, a third deck was added, which brought capacity to 70,000. In May of 2013, the Texas A&M Board of Regents approved a $450 million rebuild of Kyle Field. This raised capacity to 102,512, making it the largest football stadium in Texas and the SEC. Construction included the demolition of the west side of the stadium, the addition the second largest video board in the SEC, new conditioning facilities and reconstruction of the student section. Kyle Field has been home to several notable events, including the largest football game attendance in Texas and SEC history, when 110,631 people saw the 20-35 loss to Ole Miss on Oct. 11, 2014. 
Liberal Arts & Humanities Building

Announced in 2009 and built in 2011, the Liberal Arts & Humanities Building opened for classes in the spring of 2013. The building houses the offices for the English and Performance Studies departments. Facilities include a black box theatre for performance studies majors, recording studios, computer based classrooms and seminar classrooms. The building is notable in that it is the first, and only, building on A&M’s campus designed for instruction in the arts and humanities. The building was designed by BRW Architects, an architecture firm with a location in College Station. 
  • Liberal Arts & Humanities Building