Hart’s Sunday comedy show was fresh, familiar

Kevin Hart’s Sunday night Rudder Auditorium show displayed fresh, unheard material that was directed toward a room of friends — not just another college campus.
Texas A&M was the 10th stop on Hart’s “What Now” college tour, which he claimed is unlike any other promoting technique.
What was interesting about his performance is that the new material gave the audience an update on the current events of his life, but still alluded to past shows that originally made fans fall in love with his comedy. Hart enthusiasts got an update on his kids, who, last we heard, were just beginning to talk and celebrating bouncy-house birthdays.
Hart would introduce old material with the phrase, “Like I’ve told you before,” as if we spoke on a regular basis. Several times, Hart would refer back to jokes made earlier in the show that gave a feeling that the performance was coming to a close, which left viewers anticipating an premature ending. Luckily, the show continued. Overall, the night was a smashing hit and Hart seemed to relish in the love that Aggies gave him. He ended his show in a familiar way — singing his praises to the audience.
Like always, he made it known that the show could not go on without his fans, only this time he especially thanked his demographic, the college students, to which he accredits a large part of his success.