Homicide in South College Station

%26%23160%3B

College Station police responded to a call just before 5 a.m. Monday morning about a possible homicide on the 2400 block of Pedernales, less than five miles south of Texas A&M’s campus.
Police arrived to find College Station resident Jennifer Hailey, 29, dead at the scene and a nine-year-old boy with injuries requiring immediate medical attention. He was transported to the College Station Medical Center where he immediately was taken into surgery.
Police did not release Hailey’s cause of death or details on the boy’s injuries because it is still an open investigation.
Authorities are looking for a tall, slender black man for questioning, said Rhonda Seaton for the College Station Police Department.
Residents in the area are encouraged to exercise normal caution and take their regular measures to ensure their safety, Seaton said.
The incident happened about two or three miles from the house where a double homicide two years ago in south College Station occured. No further details were immediately available.