Juniors Everett, Raven suspended after posting bail

Two Texas A&M football players turned themselves in to Brazos County authorities Monday after their involvement in an April assault case, according to Assistant Chief Brandy Norris of the College Station Police Department.
Juniors Deshazor Everett, 21, and Floyd Raven, 20, were each charged with two counts of Class A assault causing bodily injury and Class A criminal mischief.
Raven reported to the Brazos County Jail at 11:22 a.m. on Monday and was released on $12,000 bail at 12:27 p.m. Everett turned himself in over an hour after Raven at 1:49 p.m. and was released on $12,000 bail at
3:16 p.m.
Both players have been suspended per Texas A&M athletics department policy according to sports information director Alan Cannon. Both Everett and Raven are suspended from all team activities, with the exception of academics and medical, pending further investigation into the matter, he said.
The two were charged as the result of an altercation that happened on April 7 beginning at Texas A&M’s Northgate district.
“Both groups involved were up at Northgate on a Saturday night,” Norris said. “Floyd Raven and Deshazor Everett started spraying champagne into the crowd. The other party involved got offended and an altercation took place there but nobody was injured or anything. It was broken up by the police and by the bouncers at the bar.”
Raven then returned to Everett’s resident at Parkway Place Apartments off Harvey Mitchell Parkway.
The other group involved lived at the apartment complex as well, and upon arriving from Northgate they were met by Everett, Raven and a group of others in the parking lot, Norris said.
According to the police report, the victims were then drug out of the car
and assaulted.
“When the victims arrived home they parked the car,” Norris said, “The group that Mr. Everett and Mr. Raven were with ran up to the car and began hitting and kicking the car and pull the two victims out of the car and assault them.”
A press release sent by Norris on behalf of the College Station Police Department states that at approximately 2:55 a.m. on Sunday April 7 officers were dispatched for a report of a large fight.
At the scene officers found a group of people, two with visible injuries. The victims and witnesses said they were attacked by a large group of black males.
Both victims and a witness identified two of the suspects as Everett and Raven. One victim was transported to the hospital and later released.
The vehicle the victims arrived in had been kicked and beaten upon their arrival by the group of Everett and Raven causing between $500 and $1,500 in damages according to Norris. An investigation by the College Station Police Department began a week after the altercation.
“The investigator began working on it, but there were so many people involved and so many witnesses involved that when school let out everybody went all over Texas,” Norris said. “When school let out and everyone scattered, that slowed us down because our investigator was having to find people. That is what slowed us down on getting the warrants issued.”
Wednesday the county attorney’s office determined there was enough probable cause to issue warrants for Everett and Raven. Warrants were issued Friday and both players were contacted.
They both stated they were out of town and set to return Sunday evening and would turn themselves in Monday, which they did. Norris said that both individuals complied with the investigation and the warrants before turning themselves in.
The identity of the other members of Everett and Raven’s group is still unknown.
Everett, a corner back on the Aggie defense, is remembered most for his interception on the goal line in Tuscaloosa, Ala. in November that sealed the 29-24 upset victory of No. 1 Alabama.
Raven played in all 13 games last season as a corner back, but made headlines in the offseason by reaching the depth chart as a safety for the upcoming 2013 season.
Both players are expected to be starters for the A&M defense this fall.