Aggies a win away from Women’s College World Series after 6-5 victory over Longhorns

K-State blows out Tech

Another game, another second half blowout. Texas Tech was able to keep up until the Wildcats decided they wanted to actually win the game. While Jarrius Jackson scored 28, the Wildcats had three guys scoring in double figures and the game was all but over with 8:30 left in the game.
“We’re not a team that can play back to back games one day after another,” Coach Bob Knight said. “We need a day’s rest and Kansas State is just too tough for us to play like that.”
Some might say Texas Tech could have played their way out of the NCAA Tournament, but with their wins over Kansas and the two wins against A&M, the Red Raiders are on pretty solid ground for being named on Selection Sunday. Coach Knight said it himself.
“If you finish in the upper division, in the first division in this league or certainly in the upper five spots and you have a winning record, then…you’re a team that should be in the NCAA Tournament.”
On the other hand, it looks like Kansas State may have put themselves back in the list of the last few teams to get in. If they put up a good showing against Kansas tomorrow, I don’t see a way the committee can keep the Wildcats out of it.
Let me just take the time to say that covering four games in one day is much easier when you’ve actually slept the night before. Brent and I were able to sleep in a little bit this morning, and it did wonders in terms of how the day has gone. Yesterday, we were fighting to stay awake during the Tech/Colorado game, today we haven’t even felt tired during the games and have been able to really focus.
I’m getting a real tightness in my chest about this game against Oklahoma State, I don’t know what it is except to call it a bad feeling. I haven’t seen us play in a week, and for whatever reason I’m a bit worried as to how we’ll come out. Will the Cowboys and their fans show up like they did last night, or can we have them out of the game like we did in our last two meetings? I guess we’ll just have to see.