Junior Adela Cernousek tees off during the Bryan Regional of the NCAA Women’s Golf Championship at Traditions Golf Club on Monday, May 6, 2024. (Chris Swann/ The Battalion)
Cernousek captures individual national title as Aggies advance to NCAA quarterfinals

It didn’t take long for Texas A&M athletics to add another accolade to its trophy case. Just a day after the Aggies’ women’s tennis...

Lieutenant colonel, former student killed

An Aggie was killed Thursday at Fort Bragg in North Carolina.
Authorities said 42-year-old Lt. Col. Roy Tisdale, Class of 1992, died immediately after being shot during a safety briefing, according to The Associated Press.
The shooter and fellow soldier, Spc. Ricky Elder, turned the gun on himself after firing on Tisdale. Elder died Friday after undergoing treatment.
A statement from Fort Bragg said Elder, an infantryman, had been charged recently with larceny of a toolkit valued at $1,700 and had been awaiting court martial at the time of the shootings.
Tisdale took command of the Fort Bragg-based 525th Brigade Special Troops Battalion in January.
He was commissioned as an infantry officer after graduating in 1993 from Texas A&M with a bachelors degree in animal science. Tisdale was in Company D-2 of the Corps of Cadets.
Funeral services for Tisdale will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday, July 5, at Central Baptist Church in College Station, followed by a burial at the Aggie Field of Honor. The family asks that, in lieu of flowers, donations be made to a memorial fund that will help his children pay for college. Donations can be made through PayPal to the following email address: [email protected].