Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

Local restaurant, music store catch fire

Responders at the scene of Wednesday’s fire at Jin’s Asian Café and Lippman Music Company.

Emergency crews appeared at the intersection of Nagle Street and University Wednesday afternoon after a local restaurant and music store caught fire.
The fire started a little after 3 p.m. Wednesday afternoon, with smoke and flames appearing in the advertising façade over Jin’s Asian Café and the Lippman Music Company.
The fire was quickly contained and no one was injured.
“We got notified at 3:19 pm and the first unit was on scene at 3:24 pm,” said Bart Humphreys, spokesman for the College Station Fire Department. “Just about 5 minutes.”
Humphreys said they would have to wait for the investigator to find out exactly what happened, but that initial reports were of smoke and fire in the awning where the two restaurants meet.
“The investigator hasn’t had a chance yet to start looking around,” Humphreys said. “But the initial reports were of smoke and fire in the awning where the restaurant and the music store come together. Really that’s all we know right now.”
Humphreys said the damage to the structure, although significant, looks to be mostly superficial at this point.
“Right now it looks like [the damage] is pretty much just all to that awning area with maybe a little bit to the roof,” Humphreys said. But then again, we won’t know until they get through overhauling, and then the investigator will be able to start the investigation. There could be expensive inventory in there, expensive guitars and things like that. So as far as a dollar figure, it’ll be a while before we can put a number on that.”
First responders dispatched from Station 6 and arrived quickly, Humphreys said, with the first of the fire department arriving on scene just five minutes after the call came in.
“We got notified at 3:19 pm and the first unit was on scene at 3:24 pm.” Humphreys said.