Aggies a win away from Women’s College World Series after 6-5 victory over Longhorns

Lone Star College shooting injures four, two suspects in custody

A conflict between two men at Lone Star College near Houston left four injured people.
Hundreds of law enforcement personnel descended on Lone Star College-North Harris following reports of a shooting on campus just after 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, according to The Associated Press.
The shooting comes amid a recent upheaval of gun control debates nationally and in the Texas Legislature.
Two suspects were led from the campus in handcuffs and four people were sent to area hospitals. The first suspect was detained within minutes of law-enforcement arrival. A couple of hours later, the second was detained after a search through surrounding woods by the police.
According to the Harris County Sheriffs Office, one suspect had a student ID and both were wounded and hospitalized. A post on the Lone Star College website announced the campus was closed for the rest of the day and would reopen for classes Wednesday.
Richard Carpenter, chancellor for Lone Star College said the campus is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year and this is the first time an incident of this nature has happened. In fact, there had been recent drills on how to respond in the event something like this happened.
The area was locked down until about 2 p.m. when Lone Star College officials gave the all clear via the colleges official Twitter account.
Staff Report