Junior Adela Cernousek tees off during the Bryan Regional of the NCAA Women’s Golf Championship at Traditions Golf Club on Monday, May 6, 2024. (Chris Swann/ The Battalion)

Louisville defeats A&M in tennis

The No. 13 Texas A&M men’s tennis team traveled to Louisville, Ky., to face off against No. 33 Cardinals at Bass-Rudd Tennis Center on Sunday.
Junior Marcus Lunt won his singles match, but it was the only point scored by the Aggies as the Cardinals (11-1) defeated A&M (3-4) 6-1.
The doubles point was decided when brothers Simon and Austen Childs defeated A&M’s No. 8 nationally ranked duo of Conor Pollock and Austin Krajicek.
Out of the six singles matches, three were decided by third sets, and all three matches ended in favor of Louisville.
“We went 0-7 in three-set matches this weekend,” said Head Coach Steve Denton. “We are going to have to do better than that to be successful.”
Pollock, who is nationally ranked No.14, was upset at men’s No.1 singles 6-4; 6-2.
At men’s No. 2 and 3 singles, No. 35 Wil Spencer and No. 69 Austin Krajicek were also upset.
Lunt, who won his third consecutive singles match, was the only Aggie to win a singles match.
“Louisville handled the conditions much better than we did today,” Denton said. “We have lost a couple of close matches this year. We cannot seem to get the right points at the right time.”
The Aggies will continue their roadstretch on March 6 in Boise, Idaho, against the No. 29 Broncos.
The Aggies have dropped five of their last six matches. The road trip ends March 13 when the Aggies return home to take on No. 3 Ohio State.