LSU campus evacuates after bomb threat

The East Baton Rouge Parish 911 call center received a phone call Monday morning around 10:32 a.m. with a bomb threat for Louisiana State Universitys campus.
LSUs official website released a statement at 11:38 a.m. urging all students and faculty on campus to evacuate as quickly and as calmly as possible.
We hope its a hoax, but we cant take that chance, said LSU System President William Jenkins said to a Baton Rouge newspaper, The Advocate.
There was supposedly much traffic on campus as nearly 30,000 students, professors and university employees try to evacuate.
The LSU police is investigating the reported threat, and are talking to their counterparts in states where university bomb threats were reported last week to find out if there are any similarities, according to the Huffington Post website.
LSU is the fourth school to receive a bomb threat by telephone in the last week, following similar threats to the University of Texas in Austin, North Dakota State University in Fargo, and Hiram College in Ohio all of whose campuses were found to have no explosives.
Lieutenant H. Allan Baron, part of Texas A&Ms University Police Department said Texas A&M University sent out a Distribution A memo to all faculty and staff to inform them of the best ways to act upon receiving a threat by phone.
This email is sent out to make everyone aware, Baron said. [Bomb threats] can occur at any time; we need to be aware of the steps we need to take to help law enforcement as much as we can if we receive one of these threats.
LSU is still urging students and faculty to stay off the campus until further notice, and will keep Baton Rouge residents informed on their website: www.lsu.edu.