Junior P Emily Kennedy (11) pitches the ball during the Aggie softball teams Maroon & White game on Friday, Oct. 27, 2023 at Davis Diamond (Katelynn Ivy/The Battalion).
A&M advances to Super Regionals with run-rule victory over Texas State

When Texas State softball senior RHP Jessica Mullins and Texas A&M junior LHP Emiley Kennedy each started Sunday’s Bryan-College Station...

MAIL CALL

Title 10, 311. Militia: composition and classes (a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
You are already a member of the militia. We won our independence in the American Revolution partly due to the fact that ordinary citizens, with their firearms, could shoot better than the British Regulars. After all, the battles at Lexington Green and Concord were to stop the British from seizing the colonists powder. We were not invaded by Japan after Pearl Harbor because “there’s a rifle behind every blade of grass.” Our heritage is one of a well-armed citizenry. From time immemorial, disarming the population (gun control) has been about government controlling its people. The founders made it pretty clear that the U.S. was a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. Besides, I would like for more people to carry guns – an armed society is a polite society.