Aggies a win away from Women’s College World Series after 6-5 victory over Longhorns

Mail Call

Thank you stranger
On October 18 while reading outside, I left my keys and wallet sitting on a bench outside of Harrington. When I came out an hour later, I realized they were missing. After checking the lost and found i trudged back home thinking of all the cards I would have to replace and they keys I would have to get duplicated.
But I need not have feared. Not only did you find my keys, but you took the time to look up my phone number, call me, and come to my dorm and drop them off with my roomate, all before I even returned from my class. Thank You, People like you make me proud to be an Aggie.
Kathleen Jansen
Class of 2002
Clever cartoon by the Uncartoonist
In response to cartoon on Oct. 16:
Being a proud member of the Corps of Cadets, and ironically holding the job of Regiment Scholastics Officer, I wanted to tell the Uncartoonist that he or she made myself and many of my buddies laugh! The cartoon I talk about is the cadet sleeping in class with the caption “Corps Scholastic Policy.” I took the initiative to cut out a copy of this hilarious cartoon and post it on my Scholastics Policy Board in Dorm 5. I’m sure throughout the Corps many other cadets did the same and added that cartoon to their “Good Bull” boards. I know that the Corps usually only responds to The Battalion in rage for some remark made against it, sometimes with the occasional death threat, but I’ll break tradition by saying “Job Well Done.” I understand we all have Freedom of Speech, and I will actually serve in the military starting this May to protect that right! Keep up the good-natured work Uncartoonist, we sit in anticipation…
Allen Okvist
Regiment Scholastics Officer
Class of 2002
Strong stance made with litte factual knowledge
In response to Mark Passwaters’ Oct. 16 column:
In Tuesday’s edition of The Battalion, Mark Passwaters viciously and unfairly attacked a group of people of which he knows absolutely nothing about. There is no way people protesting for peace is a “pathetic form of selfish ignorance” when the concern they are showing is for the lives of the innocent civilians of Afghanistan. Martin Luther King Jr. and Gandhi both used peaceful protest to try and end the violence and prejudice that their people faced and I seriously doubt that history looks upon these two men as being pathetic, selfish, or ignorant.
Another mistaken accusation than Passwaters made was that Saddam Hussein is not a villain to Americans on the left.
Well, in the 1980’s when Iran and Iraq were at war, it was Regan, the hero of only those on the right, who supported Hussein with money and military hardware. It was also this Administration that trained and armed Osama bin Laden.
I’m not against the current war, but I think it is important to understand that 6000 innocent people have already died and innocent civilians in Afghanistan will suffer or die as well. We will not be surebecause the Taliban will always exaggerate the figure and our Government will lower it as much as possible. Make no mistake about it, blowing up energy plants and water facilities will hurt the innocent more than it will hurt the Taliban.
Oscar Ortiz
Class of 2005