Texas A&M infielder Rylen Wiggins (2) reacts during Texas A&M’s game against Texas at the Austin Super Regional at Red and Charline McCombs Field in Austin, Texas, on Sunday, May 26, 2024. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Aggies’ season ends with heartbreaking loss to Longhorns

Sharper play in the sixth innings of Texas A&M softball’s NCAA Super Regional series  with No. 1 Texas may have been the difference...

MAIL CALL

The article “Bicyclists are trying to kill my truck” brings much needed attention to the fact that people on their bicycles need to pay more attention when riding. I have seen firsthand the close calls written about and it is frightening. This issue goes for both bicyclists and motorists though. Motorists who are eating, reading, talking on their phone, even sending text messages or just being impatient need to cut it out. Bicyclists who are weaving between cars, flying through intersections and listening to music while they ride need to cut it out. The root of this problem is people not using common sense. For all those bicyclists who ride in the street, all the traffic laws apply to you. This does include stopping at an intersection and signaling when changing lanes and coming to a stop. Also, wear a helmet. They do not have a big price tag and it can save your life. True, a helmet is not the most fashionable item out there but is it really that big of a deal? For the motorists, please share the road kindly.