Aggies a win away from Women’s College World Series after 6-5 victory over Longhorns

Mail Call – Another point of view should have offset prof’s

In response to Victoria White’s April 27 article:
The Catholic faith is a package deal and cannot be picked and chosen from. To do this would inherently be heretical.
The Catholic faith is not something to be arbitrarily toyed with. Rather, we Catholics are called to learn and grow in our knowledge of this great faith. Mr. Bornstein’s claim that “many Catholics” have a liberal ideology is flawed because the Catholic Faith itself resoundingly calls for a definite culture of life in all respects. The Faith isn’t changed on political whims as the secular world is. John Paul II still is morally correct in erring on the side of life.
It is a matter of sexual ethics that every person must be held responsible for his own actions, and we as a world have grown to treat sex as a trivial thing. This is the primary cause of the secular world’s culture of death, not John Paul’s stance on contraceptives and abortion.
The Battalion should have balanced Bornstein’s views with that of actual local Catholic leaders who are more knowledgeable in the Catholic Faith than he.