Mail Call – Byrne won’t build until tickets sell

Throughout his time as Athletic Director, Bill Byrne has maintained that he wants to see all of our sporting events sold out at the beginning of the season through the sale of student tickets, especially in football. Byrne has said the entire time he has been here that he would not even consider building additions onto Kyle Field until this occurred. From our attendance this year, it is obvious that we have a ways to go.
Winning cures everything. Our attendance will skyrocket over the next few years as the football team continues to get better. As the demand for Aggie football goes up, people will fill the seats and it will not be long until Kyle Field is thought of as being too small.
The number of Alumni is growing at a faster rate and more people will want – and be willing to pay for – tickets to watch the Aggies. Bringing about the plans for a future expansion of Kyle Field creates more excitement about the program and can be used to motivate more people to buy tickets. Seeing Kyle Field become the largest and greatest stadium in college football is something that all Aggies should want to see, but it will take time before that happens. Just think of what it can be like after last weekend with 30,000 more people. We could have the best Athletic Department for years to come.