Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Light Middleweight boxers Francis Cristal and Frank Chiu throw crosses during Farmers Fight Night on Thursday, April 4th, 2024, at Reed Arena.
‘One day there’s going to be a ring in the middle of Kyle Field’
Zoe May, Editor in Chief • April 11, 2024

“Throw the 1, follow with the 2!” “Keep your hands up!” “Tie him up!” It was the sixth fight of the night. The crowd was either...

Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Mail Call – Byrne’s ideas for Kyle are unnecessary wastes

I have very little respect for Bill Byrne’s ideas for Kyle Field after reading Friday’s article. Why do we want to pour money into making Kyle that much bigger when we rarely fill it now?
I know I am not alone when I say that I take a lot of pride in Kyle Field and its distinctiveness, but I see no need to have the biggest stadium in the nation to have exposure and reel in the best high-school athletes. Furthermore, filling our stadium is already difficult with rising ticket prices – do we really expect to fill a larger one?
I have a hard time justifying ticket prices going up and now I find that my money may be going toward something completely unnecessary and wasteful. Are we only paying for athlete scholarships in our increased ticket prices, or are we helping fund an oversized stadium as well? Maybe we should solicit our Aggies in the NFL for these millions instead.