Mail Call – Consumers should be given more substance options

I agree wholeheartedly that those malicious “Truth Campaign” ads are aimed to turn people against the tobacco company using “fear and anger” mind tricks and are nothing like promotional cigarette ads, which only try to inform you of their great product that helps you do … something. Actually, I don’t remember what cigarettes are supposed to help you with.
Upon reading the article, a brilliant idea occurred to me. As a “rational consumer,” there is no reason why I shouldn’t be offered all the other euphoric substances that exist. Why should someone have to waste their time hunting down a drug dealer when they could just pick up some illicit substances at the nearby Fina station while they fill up on gas?
The tobacco companies could adopt these cool commodities and sell them as “Mind Candy” to make millions. Even though people would start buying these drugs because they crave them, and can’t stop because of their dependency and will probably eventually die at a young age, it is simply the consequence of an irresponsible consumer. I say, screw the irresponsible consumer.