Mail Call – Grade exclusion policy unfair to many students

This grade exclusion policy is unfair. I worked hard my freshman year, though I did not feel that I was as prepared as others when I entered college. I struggled to get a 2.75 as an engineering student. Other students in my classes struggled as well and ended up with a 2.0 to 2.5. I knew others who never studied or only studied the night before exams and ended up with a GPR below 2.0.
For whatever reasons, they did not take this University seriously.
Now, thanks to University Officials who want to baby first year students, they can erase almost a whole semester. In addition, they can graduate with the same or even a higher GPR than other students who took care of business and did what they had to do to pass.
Believe me, I understand that college is very difficult. However, if you do what is required, there is no reason that you should not be able to obtain at least a “C” in a freshman course, unless there are extenuating circumstances. In short, if you are not mature enough to handle the university experience when you enter, you must grow up quickly or go back home.
Beginning from the time you leave your parents’ home, the rest of live is about decision-making. If we could just erase the consequences of bad decisions in our lives, then no one would learn from their mistakes.