Mail Call – The football team should stay on the field whether it wins or loses

The football team needs to stick around, win or lose, to sing and yell with their 12th Man. I think I echo the general opinion of the student body when I say the football team played an awesome game against OU last Saturday, and the 12th Man was definitely there in full force to support them. But, while we (a large part of the 12th Man) clapped to show we were proud of our team’s performance … while we sang “The Spirit of Aggieland”… while we had a short 10-minute yell practice for the Tech game … t he team headed straight for the locker rooms.
When we win, the team sticks around, helmets high, to sing the fight song. When we lose, they slowly walk off the field as if their only focus is shame. If the coaching staff (who should be there, also) is keeping the players from sticking around after the game, they are wrong and need to allow and encourage the team to stay.
After the game, whatever the outcome, join your 12th Man, Aggies. We’re there for you, win or lose, so be there for us in return. BTHO Texas Tech!