Sophomore LHP Ryan Prager (18) celebrates getting the last strikeout during A&Ms games against Vanderbilt on Friday, April 11, 2024, at Olsen Field. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Ring Day run rule
Ring Day run rule
Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Ring Day run rule
Neil Jhurani, Sports Writer • April 12, 2024

It was Ring Day in Aggieland when No. 3 Texas A&M faced off against No. 6 Vanderbilt on Friday night in the first game of a three-game set. The...

Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Mail Call – The football team should stay on the field whether it wins or loses

The football team needs to stick around, win or lose, to sing and yell with their 12th Man. I think I echo the general opinion of the student body when I say the football team played an awesome game against OU last Saturday, and the 12th Man was definitely there in full force to support them. But, while we (a large part of the 12th Man) clapped to show we were proud of our team’s performance … while we sang “The Spirit of Aggieland”… while we had a short 10-minute yell practice for the Tech game … t he team headed straight for the locker rooms.
When we win, the team sticks around, helmets high, to sing the fight song. When we lose, they slowly walk off the field as if their only focus is shame. If the coaching staff (who should be there, also) is keeping the players from sticking around after the game, they are wrong and need to allow and encourage the team to stay.
After the game, whatever the outcome, join your 12th Man, Aggies. We’re there for you, win or lose, so be there for us in return. BTHO Texas Tech!