Maroon and White Wellness Walk and Rally to be held March 2

The Maroon and White Wellness Walk and Rally is part of TAMU Staff Appreciation Week 2017. 

On Thursday, A&M staff members donned in maroon and white workout gear will come together to walk around campus in support of A&M employees.
Texas A&M’s Maroon and White Wellness Walk and Rally hopes to honor more than 7,000 university employees who work to support the faculty and students. During the walk, staff members will split up into two teams. The maroon team will be led by Navy Seal and endurance athlete David Googins, and the white team will be led by health and wellness author Patricia Sulak. Both teams will participate in a walk around campus and meet up at 12 p.m. for a Wellness Rally led by Googins and Sulak.
“Our success at Texas A&M is a direct result of the numerous and diverse contributions of our non-faculty staff employees, day in and day out, most often behind the scenes,” said communications coordinator Pamela Praesel. “University staff employees in the Bryan-College Station area are invited to attend, as well as our extended Aggie Family, employees of SSC Services for Education and Chartwells are all included.”
Kourtney Martin, coordinator of Wellness Works, A&M’s official employee wellness program, said the program encourages employees to live healthier lifestyles.
“As the Employee Wellness Coordinator, I am enthusiastic and eager about encouraging Texas A&M employees to be healthy, happy and high-performing,” Martin said. “The Maroon and White Wellness Walk and Rally provides an opportunity for each of these aspects of wellness.”
Sulak said the event parallels the idea that physical movement is a large aspect of bodily health.
“An essential element of health and happiness is making movement mandatory,” Sulak said. “Physical inactivity is one of the most common causes of disability and death in our country. The Maroon and White Wellness Walk is a great way for employees to get together and move in a fun way.”
For additional information about the week of events, visit http://staffappreciation.tamu.edu/saw2017 for details.