Aggies a win away from Women’s College World Series after 6-5 victory over Longhorns

Max Factor heir leaves evidence in hotel room

VENTURA, Calif. (AP) — Cosmetics heir and former fugitive Andrew Luster left behind a notebook in Mexico in which he apparently seeks to justify the assaults that led to his rape conviction, according to a published report.
The notebook was stored among other belongings at the Puerta Vallarta hotel where Luster last stayed, according to an article published in the Ventura County Star’s Sunday edition.
Authorities could not confirm if the handwriting was that of Luster. A Star reporter who had covered Luster’s trial recognized the 13 pages of handwriting as belonging to Luster.
The great-grandson of cosmetics magnate Max Factor, Luster jumped his $1 million bail in January, shortly before a Ventura County jury convicted him in absentia of drugging and raping three women in his seaside home in Mussel Shoals, northwest of Los Angeles.
On Wednesday, Luster, 39, was arrested by Mexican police after he scuffled with bounty hunters in front of a Puerta Vallarta taco stand. On Thursday, the FBI flew him back to California, where he immediately started serving his 124-year prison term.
Luster remains in prison.