Sophomore LHP Ryan Prager (18) celebrates getting the last strikeout during A&Ms games against Vanderbilt on Friday, April 11, 2024, at Olsen Field. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Ring Day run rule
Ring Day run rule
Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Ring Day run rule
Neil Jhurani, Sports Writer • April 12, 2024

It was Ring Day in Aggieland when No. 3 Texas A&M faced off against No. 6 Vanderbilt on Friday night in the first game of a three-game set. The...

Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Mexico’s president heads back to work

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico President Vicente Fox is recovering well at a Mexico City military hospital after undergoing back surgery earlier this week, the president’s office said Saturday.
“He’s already up and walking with very little assistance, and this morning he sat for a while,” the office said in a statement, adding that the recovery was “as expected and satisfactory.”
Fox is expected to be released from the hospital Sunday.
Fox underwent surgery Wednesday to repair a herniated disk. By Thursday, he was participating in negotiations on Iraq from his hospital bed, receiving calls from Cabinet members and supporters — but not from world leaders.
Fox left his foreign minister in charge of the delicate negotiations. The president, whose country is a member of the U.N. Security Council, has called for the disarmament of Saddam Hussein, but stopped short of endorsing war.