Middleton awaits draft selection

Anthony Davis had been a guarantee by draft experts to be the No. 1 pick in Thursday’s NBA draft long before he helped Kentucky raise its eighth national championship in April. Once Davis slips on a Hornets hat above his unibrow, the NBA draft really starts – and the events afterward are less predictable.
This holds true for the two Aggie prospects entering the draft, junior forward Khris Middleton and senior point guard Dash Harris.
Middleton battled several injuries throughout his final season in an Aggie jersey. Surgery to repair a partially torn meniscus in his right knee initially caused him to miss seven games. The knee was reinjured a month later, causing him to miss an additional five games.
The 6’7″ forward averaged 13.2 points and 5.0 rebounds in 20 games, starting in 17 of those games. Middleton led the team in scoring nine times, eclipsing the 20-point mark three times.
According to NBADraft.net, Middleton is projected to be the No. 38 pick to the Denver Nuggets. He would join a young, up-and-coming team that took Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers to seven games in the first round of the NBA playoffs.
Harris, on the other hand, isn’t projected to be drafted by many experts. The senior point guard averaged six points, three rebounds, and a team high 4.1 assists. Harris also battled injuries in his final season, missing seven games to a foot injury.
Harris finished his Aggie career with 379 assists, seventh all-time in A&M history, and is one of eight players in school history to total 300 assists and 100 steals.
The draft starts at 6 p.m. tonight and will be shown on ESPN.