MSC event to feature former CIA analyst

National security expert Nada Bakos has served the United States in many capacities throughout her 20-year career, and will share some of her experiences with campus Thursday.
Bakos investigated connections between Iraq, al-Qaeda and the 9/11 terrorism attacks as a CIA analyst and played a key role in the tracking of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a high profile terrorist. She has since been cited in many major media sources and is the basis for the Emmy-award winning documentary “Manhunt.”
Bakos will speak at the event hosted by the Memorial Student Center Student Conference on National Affairs.
“Bakos will be answering questions related to how the U.S. Intelligence Community operates to fulfill U.S. policy objectives,” said Felix Perez III, MSC SCONA public relations director and international studies senior. “Bakos will also be sharing her personal experiences as an intelligence analyst and national security expert.”
Ellie Freeman, MSC SCONA vice chair, said she hopes Bakos will give students a better view of what a career working in the government involves.
“I believe Ms. Bakos’ unique experiences will give me a better picture of what life in a government career can look like as I continue in my studies preparing for work in a similar field,” Freeman said.
Freeman said she is looking forward to hearing the position Bakos will take on foreign as well as domestic issues.
“I look forward to hearing the unique perspective she will provide to our students interested in government careers, national security issues and the direction the U.S. will take on the international stage,” Freeman said.  
MSC SCONA will present “On the Hunt with Nada Bakos” at 6 p.m. Thursday in Rudder Theatre. Tickets are $6 for students and $10 for the public.