Texas A&M infielder Ryan Targac (12) hits a walk-off single to run-rule Arkansas during Texas A&M’s game against Arkansas at Olsen Field on Saturday, May 18, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
‘Every decision and choice I’ve made has led up to that moment’

It started with a commotion in the Texas A&M baseball dugout.  With the No. 5 Aggies up 13-4 over No. 3 Arkansas with a runner on second...

MSC names new president

PROVIDED

Industrial distribution senior Zach Rozinsky will be the next MSC president.

MSC chief administration officer Zach Rozinsky was selected Saturday to lead the 1,300-strong student programing arm for the university as MSC president.
Rozinsky will take office at the first MSC board of directors meeting after Muster on April 21.
Rozinsky was selected due to his experience and his vision for the MSC, said Ryan Trantham, residing MSC president and biomedical sciences senior.
Trantham said the application process for MSC president is unlike the typical election process for other campus leaders and is more extensive. Trantham said the process includes an application listing the goals of each candidate, a presentation given by the candidates and a 30-minute interview with campus leaders, including the current MSC president and the student body president.
“During the deliberation process, we talk about strengths and weaknesses that each candidate possesses, as well as their history, leadership, and their references,” Trantham said. “We try to reach as much of a consensus as possible.”
Rozinsky said he initially didn’t plan on applying for the position.
“I decided to apply because I was not only confident, but I knew that I’d carry out the same goals that the executive team has, considering I’m currently a part of the executive team,” Rozinsky said. “So I think continuity is what stood out the most in my application.”
Rozinsky said his goals for the MSC can be summed up into three main points — to expand the MSC’s reach, to keep up with the changes in the university in order to sustain the MSC’s position on campus and to combine primary classroom learning with secondary learning that takes place in the MSC to create a more holistic student experience.
Trantham said the MSC president chiefly acts as a liaison between MSC staff and students, while overseeing three executive vice presidents, each in charge of a section of the MSC responsible for leading different processes affecting all 1,300 students involved with the MSC.
Rozinsky said the most important role as MSC president is advocating on behalf of the MSC members.
“It’s important to me to make sure that student voices are always heard,” Rozinsky said.