MSC Open House moves to Rec Center

The Fall 2009 Memorial Student Center Complex Open House will be going on the road as it relocates to the Student Recreation Center because of MSC renovations.
“We have more than 800 student organizations that come out and recruit, and promote their organization; its probably the greatest showcase of organizations that freshmen can come and see,” said MSC Vice President of Marketing Sarah Barnes.
Barnes, a junior communication major, said the Open House will be a success but regrets that organizations will have to pay a $40 fee in order to have a spot at the Open House.
“The size of [the Student Recreation Center] was big enough; the only other place on campus that was big enough was Reed Arena, but we decided the Rec was a better venue,” said MSC Communications Coordinator Eric Blodgett.
The Rec will be open during Open House. The organizations will be set up in one of the gymnasiums, the archery room and the garden room.
Fall Open House will be from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 6. Student organizations can register at mscopenhouse.tamu.edu.
How to registerFall Open House will be from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 6. Student organizations can register at mscopenhouse.tamu.edu.