MSC Spring Open House to feature over 300 campus organizations

Photo by Photo by Kate Hanson

MSC Open House is held throughout the MSC at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters.

Representatives from 344 campus organizations will fill the halls and conference rooms of the Memorial Student Center on Sunday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. for MSC Open House.
Organized and hosted each fall and spring by MSC Hospitality, the event provides an opportunity for students to explore the many options available for campus involvement at Texas A&M, said Kaitlyn Simmons, economics junior and executive director of administration for MSC Hospitality.
“Being an Aggie is about finding your people and finding your family and I think that this is the best way to do that because it gives you face to face interaction with people,” Simmons said.
To help students navigate and make the most of their time at the event, map stations will be set up throughout the MSC, with staff available to answer questions and provide detailed directories with the location of each organization’s table.
“If you go in totally blind, it’s going to be overwhelming,” Simmons said. “But if you say ‘I want to join a service organization or an outdoor organization,’ and you find that area on the map, then you can get to that hallway and then just wander up and down and look for the people who really stand out to you.”
Planning for this semester’s open house began in October and required extensive coordination between departments and organizations to create a well-organized, beneficial experience for attendees, Simmons said.
“I’m really passionate about people finding their home at A&M,” Simmons said. “I feel like your college experience isn’t the same unless you find somewhere you belong.”