The No. 3 Texas A&M baseball team took on No. 1 Tennessee Thursday at 1 p.m. at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover, Alabama. Despite its...

New Perspective, Texas Still Wins

For the Oklahoma State vs. Texas game, I wanted to get out of the routine that Todd and I have been in the entire tournament. We had watched every game so far from the courtside media section. But for the OSU game, we went to the farthest place away from the court we could find: section 313. After sitting down, I started looking around at my surroundings. Our seats were almost up in the rafters, so I felt completely displaced from the actual game. When a player dribbled the ball, the sound didn’t reach my ears immediately. Even the fans yelling “Texas Fight” were a little off beat by the time I heard their voices. Throughout the game, I took the opportunity to cheer along with the Oklahoma State fans. I hadn’t clapped or yelled all tournament long, so it felt good in a way. It was also fun, just for two hours, to join in with fans from a different school. It just so happens for this game, they were playing A&M’s biggest rival. Oklahoma State couldn’t pull out a victory, but the game was close all the way. The Cowboys tied the game at 61 with 1:28, but Kevin Durant hit a 3-pointer on the next possession to lift Texas to the 69-64 win. Durant had another big game, scoring 26 points to lead Texas. JamesOn Curry had 24 for OSU, including many big shots down the stretch. Watching the game from so far away was fun for one time, because I could watch the offense work. I watched the plays develop, and unfortunately for me and the traditional OSU faithful, most of the plays worked in the Longhorns favor. Tomorrow’s championship matchup between Kansas and Texas will showcase the last two teams I wanted to watch, but maybe the game will be a classic one day.