A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Texas A&M outfielder Jace Laviolette (17) hits a home run during Texas A&M’s game against The United States Air Force Academy on Tuesday, April 16, 2024 at Olsen Field. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
No. 1 Aggies combine for 28 runs in doubleheader sweep of Crimson Tide
Luke White and Justin ChenApril 19, 2024

Game 1 If the Texas A&M baseball team can treat each inning like it’s been playing in the fifth frame during the past week, it shouldn’t...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

No. 13 Aggies outswim SMU

The No. 13 Texas A&M men’s swimming and diving team continued its winning ways this weekend as it easily defeated the Southern Methodist University Mustangs 144-94 Saturday in Dallas.
With the defeat, the Aggies (8-1) finished the season undefeated on the road, which is only the third time they have accomplished that feat over the past 20 years. The Aggies have now defeated the Mustangs four years in a row, making it the second-longest consecutive win streak against SMU in A&M swimming history.
It is also only the third time the Aggies have defeated SMU at their home pool since the teams began meeting in 1933.
The Aggies won 11 of the 13 events and claimed the four fastest freestyle times.Junior Alfredo Jacobo earned a win in the breaststroke event, extending his streak to eight consecutive first place wins in the event.
The Aggie men finish their regular season this Friday at the A&M Student Recreation Center Natatorium against No. 4 Texas at 3 p.m., followed by the Aggie women who will face Rice University at 6 p.m.