Open hearing to discuss tuition and fees

Texas A&M will hold tuition hearings Monday and Tuesday to discuss proposed tuition changes for the 2016-2017 academic year.

Universities are required by law to hold tuition hearings once a year to review proposed changes to tuition and fees. According to an email sent to A&M students from Jerry Strawser, vice president for finance and chief financial officer, tuition and fees charged to currently enrolled undergraduate students typically are not impacted by discussion at tuition hearings because undergraduate students have a guaranteed tuition and mandatory fee plan. The hearings Monday and Tuesday will be related to tuition and mandatory fees that will be charged to incoming freshmen and transfer students entering A&M in fall 2016 and to graduate students and current students who have exceeded the normal time in their fall 2016 degree plans.

Monday’s hearing will be held from 4-6 p.m. in Rudder 301, and Tuesday’s hearing will be held from 9-11 a.m. in Rudder 601 and both are open to the public. The hearings will also be webcast on Channel 20 or Channel 150 at ttvn.tamu.edu.