Over 1,800 estimated to graduate Friday

Graduation+cap
Graduation cap

As summer 2015 nears its end, so does the time at Texas A&M for over 1,800 students as graduation approaches on Friday, Aug. 15.
Commencement ceremonies will begin at 9:00 a.m. in Reed Arena for graduate degrees in the Bush School of Government and Public Service and graduate and undergraduate degrees in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, the Mays Business School, the College of Liberal Arts, the College of Science and the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences.
Commencement ceremonies will begin at 2:00 p.m. in Reed Arena for graduate and undergraduate degrees in the College of Architecture, the College of Education and Human Development, the Dwight Look College of Engineering and the College of Geosciences.
Nobel Laureate Mario Molina, who is known for his studies emphasizing the danger of chlorofluorocarbons, or CFCs, will be presented an honorary doctors of letters degree at the 2:00 p.m commencement, according to an A&M news release.
Molina won the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1995, and worked with Texas A&M faculty in the College of Geosciences. His work has received wide acclaim, including the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the United States’ highest civilian award.
Texas A&M University at Galveston will also hold commencement ceremonies for its students at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 15, at the Grand 1894 Opera House in Galveston.
In all, around 1,850 students are expected to graduate this weekend, with nearly 800 receiving graduate degrees.