Sophomore OF Jace LaViolette (17) talks to Assistant Head Coach Nolan Cain during A&Ms games against Houston Christian University on Tuesday, March 26, 2024, at Olsen Field. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Searching for answers
Hunter Mitchell, Associate Sports Editor • May 11, 2024

Just a little over two weeks ago, Texas A&M baseball seemed to have everything going just right. Sitting at No. 1 in the country, the only...

Panels to celebrate president’s legacy

%26%23160%3B

As the world looks back at George H.W. Bush’s presidency on its 25th anniversary, experts will gather at the George Bush Presidential Library to remember the impact of those four years.
The Friday through Sunday event is scheduled to feature a wide range of panelists and moderators, including former Gov. John Sununu, Fox News’ Shannon Bream, executives from Yahoo and Google, country recording-artist Clay Walker and various historians. According to a news release from Texas A&M, the former president and his wife Barbara will also be in attendance.
The series of panels will focus on evaluating the past, present and future of the U.S. as it relates to Bush’s time in office. According to the release, topics will include the collapse of the Soviet Union, the end of the Cold War and Desert Storm, domestic achievements and governing in a digital age.
“We couldn’t be more pleased to announce the fantastic programming for the 25th anniversary celebration of the George H.W. Bush Presidency,” said Frederick D. McClure, chief executive officer of the George Bush Foundation. “President Bush’s administration was a historic period when our country and our world changed significantly, which helps inform policymakers facing the challenges and opportunities of the rapidly changing global environment.”