Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

Parking plan forgets students

Who does the University serve? Well if we ask Phil Brand, it sounds like it should be him. Ask some faculty members, it sounds like it should be them. What about the thousands of undergraduates here that work more than one job, and are still in debt up to their necks? Without these students, Mr. Brand’s, along with the faculty’s, reserved spaces would still be pasture. Why does a staff member think he is so worthy of a parking space when the ones who pay his salary need to fight for parking and then walk the distance to their classes? Does this make sense? Why are the undergraduates here at A&M treated so poorly?
Of the faculty members that complained about not reaching classes on time from far-away parking spaces, how many will not allow students into the classroom once class has begun, telling students they should be earlier so they can get a parking spot? My guess is probably more than a few. Let’s level the playing field. What’s wrong with a student asking their professor why can they not get here early enough to get parking and make it to class on time?