Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) shoots the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on Saturday, Jan. 13, 2024 at Reed Arena.(Ishka Samant/The Battalion)
Projected Top 5 picks of the 2024 NBA Draft
Roman Arteaga, Sports Writer • June 25, 2024

In the 2024 NBA draft, there is an incredible amount of talent available for teams to pick. We have players from college basketball, G-League...

Parsons members may face school sanctions

Parsons Mounted Cavalry members will not face criminal hazing charges, but the future of the Corps of Cadets unit remains uncertain with 30 cadets facing possible disciplinary sanctions from Texas A&M.
After a five month criminal investigation that included a grand jury inquiry, Brazos County Attorney Jim Kuboviak told the Bryan-College Station Eagle March 14 that even though he believed hazing occurred, he would leave it to University officials to discipline the students. Kuboviak could not be reached for comment Sunday.
Operations of the cavalry unit have been suspended since October.
An internal Corps investigation, prompted when Unit Commander Ty Keeling reported hazing to Corps Commandant Lt. Gen. John Van Alstyne in October, concluded that juniors had been hazing sophomores by hitting them with axe handles and forcing them to perform exercises in a pit of urine and horse manure, Van Alstyne said.
A disciplinary panel in the Department of Student Life will hold hearings for each of the cadets, and then may hand down sanctions which could range from a warning to expulsion from the University. Once Student Life concludes the disciplinary hearings, Van Alstyne said he will personally interview each of the 60 cavalry members to determine if they should remain in the unit.
“In general, anyone who has violated the University’s hazing rules will not be allowed to continue,” he said, but added exceptions could be made under certain circumstances.
After interviewing the cadets and deciding which ones will remain in the unit, Van Alstyne said he will determine whether the cavalry should continue.
“The future is very uncertain at this point,” he said.
Although the unit’s operations are suspended, cadets still care for their horses and maintain the cavalry’s facilities at Fiddler’s Green. Also, 27 sophomores in the unit are conducting equestrian training.