Plane Crash at local Brewery

Eastwood
Photo By: Sam Scott
Eastwood

A small plane crashed south of Easterwood Airport on Thursday around 1:00 p.m., knocking through power lines before stopping just outside New Republic Brewing Co.

Dean Brundage, co-owner of New Republic Brewing Co., said there were only minor injuries resulting from the crash, as far as he knew.

“Everyone on site was uninjured,” Brundage said. “The pilot and the passenger got transported — they were still conscious. I just heard word that the pilot has minor injuries. I don’t know about the passenger though.”

John Januskey, co-owner of New Republic Brewing Co., said he made the call to 9-1-1 following the crash.

“I was standing outside our building actually facing the direction of where the plane came in,  texting one of my sales reps,” Januskey said. “I heard a pop, which I think was the transformer when the plane hit that. I looked up, saw a white flash that I thought might have been an equipment malfunction … Once I looked up I realized that it was actually a plane [that] had crashed.”

The power went out in the area after the plane clipped some power lines, Brundage said.

Januskey said EMS promptly responded to the 9-1-1 call.

“They responded very quickly and did a great job and said that our team and all of our neighbors did a great job trying to do the best they could trying to make sure the pilot and passenger were safe,” Januskey said. “We got the fuel cut off switch, or the battery cut off switch in the plane cut off, and got the basic first aid to the pilot and passenger until the EMS arrived.”

• Eastwood

Photo By: Sam Scott