76th Speaker of the Senate Marcus Glass, left, poses with incoming 77th Speaker of the Senate Ava Blackburn.
Student leaders reflect on years of service in final Student Senate meeting
Justice Jenson, Senior News Reporter • April 18, 2024

The Student Government Association wrapped up its 76th session by giving out awards such as the Senator, Committee and Statesman of the Year...

Freshman Tiago Pires reaches to return the ball during Texas A&M’s match against Arkansas on Sunday, April 7, 2024 at Mitchell Tennis Center. (Lana Cheatham/The Battalion)
No. 14 Aggies receive early exit from SEC Tournament
Matthew Seaver, Sports Writer • April 19, 2024

The No. 14 Texas A&M men’s tennis team fell to the No. 44 LSU Tigers 4-3 in a down-to-the-wire duel on Thursday, April 18. Facing off at...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Police find bodies at presumed drug house in Ciudad Juarez

NUEVO LAREDO, Mexico (AP) – A shootout before dawn Sunday in this border city left three people dead, the latest victims of a string of apparently drug-related killings in Mexico.
State police commander Alberto del Angel Hernandez said officials were interviewing witnesses and the victims’ family members to determine who was behind the shootout.
Nuevo Laredo has been the site of several recent drug turf battles. Federal officials have said deserters from an elite Mexican army unit who formed a drug gang have been fighting for control of the border town.
In other drug-related violence, federal officials found the bodies of three men Saturday who had been killed and buried in the backyard of a home in the border city of Ciudad Juarez, across from El Paso, Texas.
In a statement released late Saturday, the federal Attorney General’s office said it believes the home belonged to a member of the Juarez cartel, led by Vicente Carrillo Fuentes.
The bodies were discovered buried under a tent set up in the backyard of the home, and at least one of the victims appeared to have been tortured, the statement said.
Police said they also discovered a marijuana press, blood and handcuffs at the house.
On Friday, a shootout between local police and several presumed drug traffickers in the northern city of Anahuac, 50 miles southwest of Nuevo Laredo, left two state police officers and another person dead.
On Thursday, former Deputy State Attorney General Rogelio Delgado was shot to death in Tijuana along with his two bodyguards and a friend.