Political Representation of B-CS

Judge+Edward
Judge Edward

Judge Edward J. Spillane III 

Beginning with College Station’s presiding judge, Spillane’s duties include presiding over trials, logging each case, ensuring that witnesses attend court and serving as a Texas magistrate.

Karl Mooney

Mooney is the current mayor of College Station. He was elected to College Station council in 2011, and became mayor in 2016.

Bill Flores

U.S. Representative Flores was elected in 2010, serves on the House Energy and Commerce Committee and is Chairman of the Republican Study Committee.  Flores is also on the Board of Directors at Texas A&M’s Private Enterprise Research Center and serves on the external advisory board for the Texas A&M Energy Institute.

Kyle Kacal ‘92

Texas House Member Kacal represents Brazos County under House District 12. Because Kacal graduated in an agriculturally focused field, he has contributed to agricultural issues raised in the House.

John Raney ‘69

Texas House Member Raney represents Brazos County under House District 14. Raney serves on the Committee on House Appropriations and the sub-committee on Education. Raney is also the secretary of the House Republican Caucus.

Charles Schwertner

Schwertner serves as a Texas State Senator. He was a House member from 2011-2013 and became a senate member in 2013 where he has served ever since. Schwertner serves as Chairman of the Senate Committee on Health and Human Services, and as a member on these committees: Finance, Administration, Business and Commerce and state affairs.

Barbara Cargill

Cargill serves as a Texas Board of Education Member and Chair of the Committee on Initiatives. Cargill represents over 1.7 million people on the Board of Education, College Station residents included.

Ted Cruz

The two Texas U.S. senators are Republicans Ted Cruz and John Cornyn. Cruz was elected in 2012 and serves on the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, the Committee on Armed Services, the Committee on the Judiciary, the Joint Economic Committee and the Committee on Rules and Administration. 

John Cornyn

The second senator, Cornyn, has been serving since 2002 and serves on the Senate Committee on Finance, the Committee on the Judiciary, the United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control and the Select Committee on Intelligence. Every Thursday the Senate representees can visit Cornyn’s office to have coffee with the senator.

• Karl Mooney

• Bill Flores

• Kyle Kacal

• John Raney

• State Sen. Charles Schwertner represents District 5 in the Texas Senate. 

• BarbaraCargill BW

Photo by Pati Bryant
  • Ted Cruz

Photo by U.S. Senate Photographic Studio-Frank Fey
  • John Cornyn