Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

Preliminary battery trial for R&B singer Brown postponed

ATLANTA (AP) – A preliminary hearing for singer Bobby Brown, charged with battery after he allegedly hit his wife, singer-actress Whitney Houston, has been postponed from Wednesday to May 5, a Fulton County magistrate court clerk said.
Police responded to a call by Houston to the couple’s home near Alpharetta in December. She told police Brown had struck her on the left side of her face. Police said Houston had a bruised cheek and a cut inside her upper lip.
Simple battery is punishable by up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine. Normally on a first offense in domestic violence cases, the charge is dismissed if the defendant undergoes counseling.
Houston, 40, and Brown, 35, have been married since 1992. They have a 10-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina.