Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

President announces American troops will remain in Afghanistan through 2017

In a Thursday morning announcement, President Barack Obama said the withdrawal of American troops from Afghanistan will halt until the end of his term in 2017. 
President Obama said 9,800 troops will remain in Afghanistan through most of 2016 before the number drops to 5,500 in either late 2016 or early 2017 in order to train and support Afghan troops. He said this is not only a matter of security in Afghanistan, but also to protect the United States.
“The bottom line is in key areas of the country the security situation is still very fragile, and in some places there’s risk of deterioration,” President Obama said in his statement. 
The president said the troops will be continuing their current objectives.
“But maintaining our current posture through most of next year rather than a more rapid drawdown will allow us to sustain our efforts to train and assist Afghan forces as they grow stronger not only during this fighting season, but into the next one,” Obama said.
By Sam King