Program to combine petroleum engineering and business

The Texas A&M business and engineering colleges are partnering in a new entrepreneurial training program to prepare undergraduate and graduate students headed into the oil and gas industry, according to an A&M press release.

The training program, called the Petroleum Ventures Program, is funded by a $12 million donation by Anthony Bahr and Jay Graham, Class of 1991 and 1992, respectively. Bahr and Graham are business partners in WildHorse Resources Management Company in Houston. According to the release, the duo’s gift is an effort to provide business experience to engineering students.

PVP is a collaboration between Mays Business School as well as the Harold Vance Department of Petroleum Engineering and will be offered beginning in fall 2016. The program will bring together petroleum engineering students and students in the Mays Department of Finance who will take courses and collaborate on projects together. The program will also entail the establishment of a Petroleum Business Impact Lab.

The program aims to target undergraduate and graduate petroleum engineering and business students with a desire to work in energy finance or petroleum acquisitions and divestitures, according to the release.