Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Light Middleweight boxers Francis Cristal and Frank Chiu throw crosses during Farmers Fight Night on Thursday, April 4th, 2024, at Reed Arena.
‘One day there’s going to be a ring in the middle of Kyle Field’
Zoe May, Editor in Chief • April 11, 2024

“Throw the 1, follow with the 2!” “Keep your hands up!” “Tie him up!” It was the sixth fight of the night. The crowd was either...

Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Prosecutors argue privacy rights in case of Limbaugh medical records

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) – Prosecutors who want to review Rush Limbaugh’s medical records argued in court papers that privacy rights shouldn’t be used to hide criminal wrongdoing.
Seizing the conservative radio commentator’s medical records in their investigation of his prescription drug use didn’t violate his constitutional or privacy rights, Palm Beach County prosecutors said in documents filed Monday.
Limbaugh’s lawyers are asking the 4th District Court of Appeal to bar prosecutors from using the records seized in November. Limbaugh is under investigation for possible violations of the state’s ”doctor shopping” law, which prohibits someone from secretly obtaining overlapping prescriptions from different doctors.
Limbaugh, 53, hasn’t been charged with any crime. In October, he told radio listeners he was addicted to painkillers and was entering a monthlong rehabilitation program.
His lawyer, Roy Black, had no comment on the filing. He contends prosecutors should have followed a procedure in state law that requires them to notify someone with a subpoena before they can obtain the records rather than using a search warrant. The notification is designed to give a person a chance to contest it in court.
Assistant State Attorney James Martz argued that Limbaugh’s records were seized with a search warrant because investigators feared evidence would be altered or destroyed.