Q-Drop deadline approaches

Photo by FILE

April 24 is the last day students can drop classes without penalty. 

Friday, Nov. 17th will be the last day to Q-Drop a course for this semester without a penalty. In order to request a Q-Drop, students must submit a form to their major department or dean. Those forms are available on the website of the Office of the Registrar and in certain major departments. Student-athletes are required to receive approval from Athletic Compliance before dropping below 12 hours.
The Q-Drop form includes a section where students should indicate the reason why they are dropping a course. The options on the form include a change of major, a difficult course, difficulty with a professor, medical issues and conflict with employment or childcare.
According to the Office of the Registrar, undergraduate students are permitted four Q-Drops in their undergraduate career at A&M, regardless of transfer status. Section 51.907 of the Texas Education Code forbids students from dropping more than six courses from all state institutions if they began their college career after 2007. Q-Drops in one-hour courses do not count toward the A&M limit of four courses, but are included in the state limit of six. If a lecture and companion lab are dropped together, this is considered one Q-Drop.
For more information about Q-Drops at Texas A&M visit the Office of the Registrar online.