Rain at last

After months of dry weather, residents in Brazos County saw rain for the first time Wednesday night — less than three-tenths of an inch to be exact.
According to the National Weather Service, College Station is 26 inches below its two-year rainfall average.The small storm, with winds ranging from 12 mph to 28 mph, brought down power lines and traffic lights Jon Agnew, the public information officer for Bryan Police Department said.
“There were a few hours that evening we had gusty winds up to 30 miles an hour that did cause some damage and power outages,” Agnew said.
AJ Adams, a sophomore general studies major, said he and his friends were overjoyed to see the slightest droplets in the arid county.
“I was extremely pleased to get rain,” Adams said. “It was really pleasant to get a good storm in College Station.”
Adams had a unique experience after the storm when a tree, 20 feet tall, fell from his backyard into a neighboring yard.
“We braved the short part of the storm before we went to bed that night. When we woke up the next morning, the tree was down; it crushed a big metal fence separating our yard from the neighbor’s yard,” Adams said.