Raney ready for re-election

With Election Day approaching quickly, Incumbent Republican State Representative of the Texas House District 14 John Raney held a fundraising event on Tuesday afternoon in order to communicate with his donors directly and address their concerns. Facing a small crowd at the Briarcrest Country Club, Raney reminisced on some of his previous experiences on the campaign trail and how people similar to those in the audience have formed a key part of his endeavors.
Supported by both Congressman Bill Flores and Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives Joe Straus, Raney restated his intent of following previous policies of facilitating growth for small businesses and lowering taxes for his constituents. He said there is an essential connection that exists between Texas A&M and the community in College Station, making it the recurrent theme of his speech.
As he progressed, Raney said his campaign was moving forward quite successfully due to the familiarity that exists between him and his supporters. Raney said running for office for the third time makes for an easier path as his opinions are clear-cut and the voters feel comfortable with his positions on many of the key issues of the upcoming election.
Currently a member of the Land and Resource and the Higher Education committees at the State House of Representatives, Raney said he would be bringing forth the issues of pipeline construction as well as working with the concept of Eminent Domain.
To that end, Raney said the importance of having a vibrant economy for Texas as a whole and spending public money efficiently. Focusing on the impact that individual citizens can have on the welfare of their community as a whole, Raney echoed concerns of a need for more economic development. Despite his acknowledging of the improvement of the financial climate of the state, he urged his donors to consider his proposals that would attempt to further these ends.
Putting all his points together, Raney concluded with his desire to improve the standing of Texas A&M both in small-scale and bigger-scale endeavors. Once more stating the importance of the University in his plans for the future, he committed to providing pathways and the resources necessary for the institution to progress and become a leader in many different aspects. As he urged his constituents to support his campaign, he finalized his presentation by reminding them of the progress made under his watch in order to provide background for the rest of his campaign leading up to Nov. 6.