Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) shoots the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on Saturday, Jan. 13, 2024 at Reed Arena.(Ishka Samant/The Battalion)
Projected Top 5 picks of the 2024 NBA Draft
Roman Arteaga, Sports Writer • June 25, 2024

In the 2024 NBA draft, there is an incredible amount of talent available for teams to pick. We have players from college basketball, G-League...

Ready to run

Photo by Photo by Brandon Holmes
Student Body Elections Meeting

It’s pre-election season, which means potential campus leaders are preparing to file for candidacy in the spring 2018 student body elections.
An informational for potential candidates presented by the election commission of the student government association was held on Thursday to assuage any concerns about rules and regulations regarding campaigning. Positions available include student body president, class presidents, yell leaders, senators and other positions.
There are several rules and regulations that could concern potential candidates including financial expenses, restricted campaigning locations, mediums and interaction with voters.
Chemical engineering sophomore Paige Rigsby is the election commissioner. She said she recommends anyone running for a position to thoroughly read the rules and regulations and contact the election commission about any issues or concerns.
“Election commission is trying to be as transparent as possible about our process and how we decide elections and how we go about doing that, and even if a student has a question about how that is run, then feel free to contact me,” Rigsby said. “We’re open, and we’re not trying to hide anything. We’re just trying to be transparent.”
Filing for spring elections opens on Feb. 8, and voting begins Feb. 22.
More information, including a complete roster of open positions and the full list of election rules and regulations can be found at tamuelection.com.