Junior INF Koko Wooley (3) catches the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on April 7th, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Jaime Rowe/The Battalion)
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Sophomore LHP Ryan Prager (18) celebrates getting the last strikeout during A&Ms games against Vanderbilt on Friday, April 12, 2024, at Olsen Field. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Ring Day run rule
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Ring Day run rule
Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Troubles in ‘Loosa
Braxton Dore, Sports Writer • April 13, 2024

After taking the home series over Kentucky last weekend, No. 12 Texas A&M softball received a well-deserved break over the week before traveling...

Ring Day run rule
Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Religion really unimportant

Mr. Sain’s article about politicians using religion for personal gain fell short of the whole problem. First, you complain about people who pretend to be religious just to get votes, and then you imply that voters should care about what religion a candidate is. Unfortunately, the only reason candidates do pretend to be more religious is because of people like you who vote for the most religious person regardless of the issues. We live in a society where it is impossible for a non-religious (notice how I didn’t say anti-religious; they’re not the same) person to get elected. This is very sad. Instead of complaining about politicians pretending to be religious, why don’t you tell people to pay attention to the issues so that the candidates don’t have to pretend?
There is nothing inherently wrong with a non-religious or non-Christian candidate. Once more for the record: Christianity does not imply morality; morality does not imply Christianity; immorality does not imply non-Christianity; and non-Christianity does not imply immorality. There is simply no connection between the two. For evidence see Hitler (Christian), or Gandhi (non-Christian). The religion of a candidate should never be considered in an election.